VMX/PVMX/CC – Unadilla Valley Sports Center
May 31 - June 2
2019 Preston Petty Products National Vintage MX Series – Round 9
2019 RaceTech National Post Vintage MX Series – Round 8
2019 John Penton/Preston Petty National Cross Country Series – Round 12
Pre-entry deadlines: Mail-in 5/17; Online 5/20 (noon EDT)
GPS Coordinates: 42.699058, -75.321787 or N42°41.94348, W075°19.30722
GPS infomation: Those using popular GPS systems such as Magellan and Garmin should use the “most use of highways” feature. Using “quickest route” will place you on narrow back roads that are not well marked. You can get easily lost. “Most use of highways” is the quickest, easiest, and safest way to the track. The Unadilla Valley Sports Center complex is located at 5986 State Highway 8, New Berlin, NY 13411-4412.
- Thursday-Sunday $40 cash/$42 credit;
- Friday-Sunday $40 cash/$42 credit;
- Saturday-Sunday $35 cash/$37 credit;
- Saturday or Sunday $25 cash/$27 credit;
- Children 12 and under, free.
- Thurs. 1:00pm – 11:00pm;
- Fri./Sat. 6:00am – 11:00pm;
- Sun. gates open 6:00am.
Camping: Yes. Per vehicle, Thursday-Sunday $25 cash/$27 credit; Friday-Sunday $20 cash/$20 credit; Saturday-Sunday $10 cash/$12 credit. Camping gates open Thursday at 1:00pm and close at 11:00pm nightly. Camping spots are first come, first served and are primitive spots. Water is available to fill tanks/drums but not for individual hook up. Modern toilets and showers are available on-site.
Lodging: Hampton Inn-Utica, 315.733.1200; Hampton Inn- New Hartford, 315.793.1600; TownePlace Suites-Marriott, 315.732.2500; Homewood Suites-Hilton, 315.801.7200; Fairfield Inn, 315.798.9600; Holiday Inn Express, 315.724.2726 See track website for more listings.
Contacts: Jill Robinson, phone 607.965.8450
Track address: 5986 State Highway 8, New Berlin, NY 13411-4412.
Facebook: AHRMA North East
- Left on Albany Shaker Road when exiting airport.
- Go about 1/2 mile, then right on ramp to Route 87 South.
- Go about three miles, then exit at New York State Thruway (Route 90)West. Follow Route 90 West to exit 25A (I-88).
- Stay on I-88 about four miles to the “Duanesburg” exit.
- Turn left at top of ramp.
- Turn right at the end onto Route 20 West.
- Route 20 West to Bridgewater.
- At the light in Bridge-water, turn left on to Route 8 South.
- Unadilla MX is 10 minutes south of Bridge-water, directly on Route 8.
- Head west on Airport Rd/County Rd 69 toward County Rd 73/Knapp Rd for 7.6 miles.
- Take a slight right to merge onto I-86 East and continue for 2.3 mi.
- Turn left onto I-81 North and go for 1.9 mi.
- Take the exit onto I-88 East toward Albany and travel 32.8 mi.
- Take exit 9 toward NY-8 North.
- Turn left onto NY-8 North and continue to follow NY-8 North 26.6 mi to the track.
- While leaving airport access road, follow signs for Route 81 South, 90 Thruway, Syracuse.
- Once you take this exit, move over in to far left lane to enter Route 81 South.
- Go about 1 1/2 – 2 miles to exit 25a-Thruway. Follow NYS Thruway (I-90) east to exit #32 – “Westmoreland”.
- Turn left at the light after the toll booths.
- Go approximately three miles to Judd Road; turn right.
- Judd Road turns. into Route 840, which turns into Route 8 South.
- Stay on Route 8 South until you reach the track.
Schedule, Thursday: Gates open 1:00pm.
Early sign-up for events:
- Thursday – for all events, 5:00pm – 8:00pm.
- Friday – early sign-up for Vintage and Post Vintage MX, 11:00am – 5:00pm.
- Saturday – early sign-up for Vintage and Post Vintage MX, 7:00am -9:00am; for Post Vintage MX, 11:00am – 5:00pm.
Cross Country schedule, Friday: Sign-up and tech, 7:00-8:30am; riders’ meeting (all riders), 9:00am; sighting lap (all riders), 9:30am. Vintage event, with Post Vintage Novice-class riders, 10:00am. Post Vintage event (no Novice-class riders), 12:00pm. Award presentation immediately following event.
Vintage MX schedule, Saturday: Sign-up 7:00am; mandatory riders’ meeting, 7:30am; on-track activities begin at 8:00 am.
Post Vintage MX schedule, Sunday: Sign-up 7:00am; mandatory riders’ meeting, 7:30am; on-track activities begin at 8:00 am.