[photo credit Etech Photos]
AHRMA Announces 3rd annual AHRMA “Barber Cup” Pro Challenge Presented by Motocorse Performance
The 3rd Annual AHRMA Barber Cup (formerly the Formula Thunder Pro Challenge) will take place on completion of the AHRMA racing schedule on October 5, 2019, during the 15th Annual Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham, AL. Sponsorships and purse to be announced.
This 10-lap special race is open to 20 competitors and will take place immediately following completion of the AHRMA’s Saturday race schedule. A 20-minute qualifying session will run after practice on Thursday or Friday (depending on weather conditions). No track time will be taken from our roadrace program.
A qualified racer will:
- Be a licensed AHRMA competitor
- Take part in at least one day of practice, either Thursday or Friday
- Participate in qualifying round following scheduled practice on Friday evening
- Be entered in the regular Formula Thunder race on Saturday
- Be capable of running in the front part of the field in an AHRMA Formula Thunder race (based on lap times)
- For equipment rules, see the AHRMA Handbook, and specific Sections 9.8 and 10.17. (AHRMA Handbook is available at www.ahrma.org/ahrma-