The first-ever AHRMA Formula Thunder Pro Challenge will take place on October 7, 2017, during the 13th Annual Barber Vintage Festival in Birmingham, AL. Sponsored by Palmetto State Armory, Luke’s Racecraft and Moto Corse Performance, the race features a cash purse of over $18,000 for the top five finishers, with $8000 going to the winner.
This 10-lap special race is open to 20 competitors and will take place at the end of the day on Saturday, after all regular AHRMA races are complete. A 10-minute qualifying session will run after practice on Thursday or Friday (depending on weather conditions). No track time will be taken from our roadrace program.
A qualified racer will:
- Be a licensed AHRMA competitor
- Be in compliance with the AHRMA Barber Racer Requirements (click here for details)
- Take part in Thursday or Friday practice
- Be entered in the regular Formula Thunder race on Saturday
- Be capable of running in the front part of the field in an AHRMA Formula Thunder race (based on lap times)