NOTE: School on Friday; pass the class and race the weekend
AHRMA FAST & SAFE Roadracing School
7:15am – Arrive at Tech with your paperwork, bike and gear.
8:00am – Classroom session begins promptly
Four classroom sessions – 8:00am, 11:00am, 1:00pm and 2:30pm (times approximate)
Four on-track sessions – 10:30am, 11:45am, 2:00pm and 3:15pm (times approximate)
12:00-1:00pm – Lunch Break (lunch provided)
4:30pm (approximately) – Mock Race – this is run as if it’s a regular race.
5:00pm – Verbal Testing (one-on-one)
Pass the school, race the weekend!
You will be given:
Certificate of Completion
AHRMA roadrace license
Various sponsor certificates
Your license will be probationary until successfully completing a weekend of racing.
Please return the safety vest
- You should take your own notes during class. Writing important information will help to lock it into memory.
You will be verbally tested one-on-one – fail the test, fail the school.
Note: A student cannot be passed if he or she fails the flag test! Learn the flags!!!
- Interrupt me – Question the instructor any time. If you do not understand, we need to repeat it.
- You will be given a “Fast & Safe Roadracing School” folder containing your School Handbook, bike stickers and other
- AHRMA requires you to have your own Health/Medical Insurance (Rule 3.4.1). If you don’t have insurance, see
the instructor assistant for an insurance plan that you can purchase at the event.
- Helmet fit – Helmet must be Snell M2015 approved. The Instructor will show the correct fit of helmet, and placement
of back protector.
- Racer gear – High-quality/brand race helmet to be used only. Race leathers with armor and preferably with safety
hump. Back protectors are mandatory. High-quality race gloves and boots only.
- Mandatory safety vests supplied by AHRMA and Vanson Leathers must be worn all weekend and returned to
- Bike preparation – You must have your bike prepared for the racetrack and fitted with fresh race tires; have knowledge of
- Entering track – Do not cross the track when entering the track – EVER. Never go counter-course (opposite
direction) on track or on pit road.
- Checkered flag – See a checkered flag on track, anywhere, exit track immediately using arm/leg signal to pit in.
Do not take an additional lap!
- AHRMA’s Hot Tech at track exit – You will be stopped every time you come off the track to check bike and rider.
- Be back in the classroom no more than 10 minutes after the end of each practice session. Don’t make the class
wait for you! Three times and you are out of class – be considerate of others. If you have a problem with the bike, etc.,
see the instructor.
- School practice sessions:
a. Line-up nose-to-tail at Pit Out
b. Make sure you are with the correct instructor group
c. First time on track – no passing during the first three laps
d. Passing on straightaways only (initially)
- Instructor points at rear of his bike – Follow exactly, he is showing you the lines you have to take (very important).
- Precision Placement – You must be able to achieve precision placement of your bike (correct lines) each lap to
successfully complete the class!
- Practice sessions – You do not fail the class if you pull off the track and/or into the pits early. Things are not right?
Need to fix a problem? If you have a problem, pull in.
- If you crash, it doesn’t mean you fail the class.
- If you fail, you get a second chance at any AHRMA school within a year at no additional charge (except where we
have to pay to use the track day).
- Heads-up – a good racer must:
a. Have correct bike set-up – good preparation
b. Develop a high standard of rider skill
c. Have strong focus – mental discipline
d. Be in good physical condition